Saturday, June 8, 2013

Iza Tapas Bar

If you've never been, you should definitely try it! Great place, atmosphere, food, sangria, and owner...

Went to Iza Tapas Bar last night with my cousin. We like to try new places together and just enjoy our time and food, of course. :) We began with sangria, it was Happy Hour till 7...only $2 a glass. The sangria was great, not too sweet, but not bitter. Then we decided on something lite to start. Being a tapas bar, you can try different things because they are not huge portions. So we got the Tomato & Pesto Crostini...and we both were very happy! It had Goat Cheese (also comes with Mozzarella, but we asked for no mozzarella), Pesto, and Roma Tomatoes on Toasted Artisan Bread...delicious! It wasn't too heavy, just the right beginning to our meal. Then we both decided on our main dish. I got the BBQ Pork Flatbread and my cousin got the Mango Shrimp Ceviche. Both were very good! The BBQ Pork Flatbread was just that, smoked pork shoulder, mozzarella cheese, red onion (which I had taken off, not an onion fan), and BBQ...it was really good and definitely filling. I couldn't finish it, even though I wanted to. The Mango Shrimp Ceviche was a lot lighter for an entrée: Lime Juice, Serrano Peppers, Mango, Red Onion, Cilantro, Shrimp, and served with Plantain Chips. My cousin was very pleased. She ate almost all of hers! I had to try it of course! The plantains were amazing and then when I put on the mango shrimp salsa, it was nice how deliciously light it was. If you are looking for a lighter meal when you go, the Mango Shrimp Ceviche is definitely a good choice.

Not only was the food and sangria amazing, the atmosphere and owner were very nice as well. We sat outside, it being in the Thornton Park area and not being too humid for an Orlando night. The outside seating area was cute. We were not too close to others, but close enough that we could start up a nice conversation with the other diners. We had a great chat. The owner came out and talked with us as well about his place, the food, his future plans...great owner! He was very nice and easy to talk with. You don't get to talk to the owners of very many restaurants, especially really never of chains...so it was definitely nice to meet him.

Overall, I would recommend Iza Tapas Bar! Our experience was amazing! My cousin and I had a great meal and dining experience. I definitely plan to go back!  I can't wait to try the Sautéed Calamari and Chicken Skewers...Mmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment