Thursday, June 20, 2013

Stonewood Grill & Tavern- 4 Stars

I have driven by it several times, thought about it, forgotten, then thought about it again and again. And finally...I went last night! I do have to say, if you read some of the reviews of Stonewood and listen to them on Urbanspoon and even some Yelp reviews, you will be missing out! I read the reviews, however, I like to make my own opinions and so I went. I was very happy that I went even though apparently some people have felt "disappointed" or called it "lame." I had a very nice experience at Stonewood Grill & Tavern on Dr. Phillips Blvd.

When I got there, it was nice, quiet and darker inside than most places, but in a good way. I am starting to realize I really like the places that are quieter and darker...it makes eating dinner out nice! I can have a good conversation with whomever I am with and it makes me feel relaxed and at home (I tend to keep the lights off in my house a lot). It makes it great for date nights too! Don't get me wrong, I do love noisy places sometimes, but it is nice to find the quiet, relaxing restaurants. They also were not very busy so there wasn't a wait...which was nice. We did go around 8:15 though, so they may have been busier earlier. Especially if their happy hour is popular...that only lasts till 7 (happy hour is only on drinks).

Delicious Calamari
My friend and I were sat at a table right away. The tables are very nice and comfortable. They are also not close, which is nice for conversations. :) We decided to start with ordering drinks. I first ordered a glass of wine, but then changed my mind. I got lucky when the waitress came back, because they had not made my order yet. So I got a glass of sangria like I had hoped. I was a happy girl! My friend already had his beer from the bar...he had to wait a few minutes for me to arrive...oops. He did later order a glass of wine...we both enjoyed our drinks. We also got an appetizer and it was delicious! We got the Calamari. The nice thing about their calamari is they don't include the tentacles...so if you've never liked the tentacles, then this calamari is perfect for you. The dipping sauce was different too. It was a mustard jalapeno flavored sauce. It was just all in all deliciousness! We were both enjoying it so much that I forgot to take a picture of it until we were almost finished. Sorry about the mostly eaten Calamari picture.

My friend and I at first got to talking so much that we forgot to decide on our entrees...but our waitress was very patient and nice! She came back a few times, not too much, but also not waiting forever because we couldn't decide. She told us about a couple good choices on the menu (this was both of ours first visit) and she definitely knew her stuff. She was very friendly and we were never without drinks, two important things when it comes to dining experiences with me. She also later asked us a little about what we do and told us a little about her. We really had a great experience with her.

Herb-Encrusted Grouper
Onto the savory meals! I ordered their Herb-Encrusted Grouper and my friend ordered the Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon. Both entrees came with rice pilaf and green beans. My friend also ordered a side ceasar salad (which is an extra cost, just an fyi).

Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon
The Herb-Encrusted Grouper had herbs and a balsamic reduction glaze around it...I made a great choice! I am a huge fan of Grouper though and well Balsamic too. The rice pilaf was pretty much yellow rice and I'm sure some spices or herbs in it. The green beans were sautéed. I usually don't eat green beans out, but honestly, these taste just as good as my sister or her husband (who is a Sous Chef) make, so I enjoyed them! They also tasted fresh, not canned by any means. The rice pilaf was good, I actually ate it all first.

My friend's entrée consisted of salmon topped with an apricot mustard glaze and of course as mentioned above, rice pilaf and sautéed green beans. I am not a salmon fan so I didn't try it. He liked it a lot though. I would definitely recommend it if you are a salmon fan, it really looked amazing.

How was Stonewood Grill & Tavern? Awesome. Great food, great service, and a clean and quiet atmosphere. I was satisfied! Seriously, the ambience last night was perfect for a nice dinner out! If you are looking for a new date place, girls night out, anniversary, birthday, or even just a random dinner out, Stonewood Grill & Tavern would be a great choice. Before you decide to go, do know their meals range between $20-$25 unless you decide on a salad or burger, however, do not let that keep you from going. I honestly will go back again (hopefully very soon) because I had such a great experience overall. I also didn't leave room for dessert, so I do have to go back and try a few (Bananas Foster Cake, Chocolate Bread Pudding) of course!

For more information or to browse their menu...their website is: http://www.stonewoodgrill.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment