Thursday, June 27, 2013

Don Jefe's Tequila Parlor- Half a Star

Walk on by and go to Ceviche or Urban Flats...bad experience, poor service, and not the best food. To rate this place, I'd give it half a star just because my tacos were decent, but that's all they were...decent.

When my cousin, friend and I got there we were excited for our night out together. We walked in and were seated. It seemed kind of busy and happening. The waitress came over and took our drink orders. I am not a big tequila fan (I know tequila parlor) so I asked about the sangria. They had a special sangria called the Blood Sangria and two other sangrias listed. I asked the waitress what the difference was between the other two and she said the wine. I asked if one is sweeter or more bitter...no answer. I was left dumbfounded. Seriously you should know if you work there. We also ordered appetizers...their house guacamole and fried plantains. I am not a guacamole fan, but my friend and cousin liked it. I ate the fried plantains...disappointed! They were supposed to have some sweet sauce and the waitress didn't tell us they had run out. She told us later when we asked, "Wasn't there supposed to be something else with them?" She replied, oh yeah but we ran out, sorry. At this point, not happy.

Later we ordered our entrees. I got the fsh tacos, which was mahi. I was looking forward to it, being that mahi is one of my favorite fish. The menu had stuff listed under it and so I asked the waitress what was actually on the taco, not on the side. She replied with some cabbage stuff and sauce that's good. Another example of not knowing the menu. When my tacos arrived, I was not happy, but I'm not a big complainer. They had cabbage, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and yes the sauce. The sauce is actually good, but I don't like peppers, onions, or tomatoes and therefore had to take it all off. Never did the waitress say sorry or comment about me taking it off in front of her. I have been to other places and they have apologized or offered to remake it, not here. At this point I was just completely disappointed and wanted to tell the waitress learn your menu.

And to make things worse, my cousin and friend didn't get to order another drink for at least 10 minutes because she didn't come back. Her reason was she had a huge party and they all were seperate checks. Not a good excuse. Then when we all got our checks, I noticed my drink was actually not the correct sangria. That made sense as to why I didn't like it. I didn't finish it because it just wasn't that good.

So to wrap everything up...I will not go there again. I definitely say go somewhere else, don't waste your money or taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment