Monday, July 8, 2013

OLV in SODO - 3 Stars (due to lack of consistent schedule)

OLV is a really great place to eat, drink, and be merry! I love this place for brunch or dinner. If you have never been to OLV, then you are definitely missing out! I have been many times and keep going back for more.

So to begin... here is my OLV journey. I first went probably about a little less than a year ago. A friend of mine invited me to join him. My first thought was what is this place? With it being in the SODO area I was kind of shocked I had never been or heard of it before. I trusted my friend's opinion of course. I really liked it. I went for dinner and just really enjoyed the place. It was quiet and clean inside. They also have several wines to choose from to add to your dinner (Yum!). I had a flatbread (don't remember which one due to it being so long ago) and definitely remember liking it a lot. I also had a glass of wine...a delicious white wine. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Overall, my first experience was really good. I went home telling people about OLV and then got responses like, yeah it's a really great place and their brunch is amazing! How was I out of the loop being such a foodie?

Delicious assortment at brunch
I decided I needed to go back to try out their "amazing" brunch (my cousin's response after my first visit). I went with a Meetup group of girls. We were a party of about 10 people and our table was outside. For us being such a big party, the staff was very nice and helpful. Brunch is amazing! So many choices for food and mimosa juices. I was so excited about being able to choose the juice I wanted to make my mimosa with. The even better part is it is all you can drink mimosas (or champagne if you just prefer champagne). Yum! Then I even found out I could order stuffed french toast...yum again! I was definitely pleased with brunch and so was my palate with all the delicious flavors I enjoyed. After that I haven't stopped going for brunch and you won't either once you try it!

The next couple of times I went, I again enjoyed the different choices of juices. A couple juices I have used are orange juice, cranberry, peach, and pear, but of course there are many other choices as well. I have even gotten creative the last few times and mixed a couple juices together to make my mimosas. I also noticed that they change the french toast. How often I don't know, but it is nice to try the different kinds of stuffed french toast. I have had strawberry cream cheese, pumpkin spice (or maybe it was pumpkin cream cheese), and regular cream cheese stuffed french toast. I always get the french toast because it is a fav of mine. And when you go to OLV it isn't about trying to be healthy so I indulge.

Great outside seating!
Each time I have gone, the service has been really good and the staff has been really nice and helpful. The last couple of times I have gone, I realized I could ask for strawberries even though they didn't have them out on the buffet table. I was definitely pleased that they accommodated my love for strawberries since I'm not a melon, pineapple, or cantaloupe fan (the fruit they've had out the last few times). All in all, OLV is a great place and a great deal for the price!

A couple neat and important things you should know before you go to brunch are... 1) Call and make a reservation for brunch before you decide to go (a day before is good for a small group) because it is a busy place on Sundays. 2) They have a live DJ there for brunch on Sundays and it can get loud outside with the speakers and music, but you can request a table inside or away from the speakers. 3) It is a popular place and can get pretty crowded on Sundays. 4) You should definitely go with an empty stomach and big appetite. AND 5) Enjoy yourself and the mimosa bar!  If you want to check out their menus or find more information about OLV before you go, I have included the website below. They also have other specials throughout the week that you can check out on their website. So...get a friend, boyfriend, husband, girlfriend, family, or a group together and experience OLV!

Website: http://olvcafe.com/

*Update: OLV is currently not open at the same times/days they used to be. I have tried to go once on the weekend and it wasn't open. Their website says they are open certain times and they aren't. You need to call them before you go to see if they are open! I unfortunately do not go anymore due to their inconsistent schedule. Once they can get everything worked out, I might go back. What they are going through is sad because they definitely had a good thing going a while ago.

A couple brunch pictures:

Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast and...
Another picture of the choices on the buffet table

The Yummy Juice/Mimosa Bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment