Friday, July 26, 2013

The Hammered Lamb - 1 Star

Hammered Lamb is located on North Orange Avenue in the Lake Ivanhoe area. It's a neat bar with a nice view and clientele.

Blue Moon
I first went the night Orlando Weekly had their Blue Moon Artfully Crafted Box Party there. It was a pretty cool deal! My cousin and I got tickets for free Blue Moon and then a ticket to vote for our favorite Box Artist. While there, we got to drink for free (of course we tipped), play a game (throw a ping pong ball in a cup to win a prize) and try some tasty hors d'oeuvres. Pretty cool set up for sure! The people we met and talked with were really friendly. The bartenders were also fast and on it for it being so busy. It definitely was a nice night out!

After the event finished, my cousin and I decided to stay a little longer and try some food. I ordered their House Baked Chicken Wings and my cousin got the Fruit and Veggie Flatbread. Both were really good. The wings were kind of spicy (I may be more sensitive than most) and flavorful. I enjoyed them. The fruit and veggie flatbread was my favorite though! It has peaches, apples, spinach, booseberry jam, with manchego, fontina, and goat cheese. When I took my first bite, it made my mouth water for more. It was pure deliciousness! It is one of the best flatbreads I've had.

House Baked Chicken Wings and the Fruit & Veggie Flatbread

All in all, we had a really good time! We got to meet one of the owners that night and take free shots (they give out free shots when a train passes by). The owner we met, Jason, was really nice and friendly and the free shot idea is really cool.

Since my first visit, I have been back. Some biking friends and I stopped by this past Sunday (2013) for drinks while on our bike ride. It's nice that they are bike friendly. We stayed for about an hour and had a nice time. There was live music playing and the drinks were refreshing on such a hot day.

I recently went to the Hammered Lamb for their brunch with a couple of my friends (back in February 2015). We have started started doing brunch on Sundays. A friend recommended Hammered Lamb because she wanted to try it out. I had been before and agreed that it would be a good place to go. Disappointment was to be had though. One of my friends and I ordered the breakfast pizza. It had no flavor. We ate it, but had to think of our own ways to doctor it up. My other two friends weren't overly pleased either with their meals. The food just wasn't as good as it had been the few times I had gone before. Their bathrooms are also not clean anymore. We were there in the morning/brunch time and it was dirty. That is not okay in my book. At night I understand they can get a little dirty or trashed due to it being a bar, but on a Sunday for brunch...no excuse for it to be unclean. One positive, they have a bloody mary bar (one of my friends enjoyed it) and their mimosas were good for the price. I was really looking forward to eating something great based off my previous experiences, but it was just a disappointing experience this time.

So...what do I recommend? My recommendation is, go for drinks, but not for brunch or to eat. They no longer offer the fruit and veggie flatbread. My favorite is gone, therefore, I will not go back there to eat. But, if you are looking for a bar to stop at when on a bike ride or to go out and drink with friends, then Hammered Lamb is an okay place. Will I be back again? No. It is not good anymore. In my opinion, it has gone from being a cool place to being like the dirty downtown bars.

If you want more information about The Hammered Lamb or to check it out for yourself...visit either their website at 
http://www.hammeredlamb.com/index.html or their facebook page. 

My cousin and I having a good time (first free train shot)

         Busy place....                             Me with one of the owners, Jason

Biking trip...drinks were refreshing!

*Pictures are from previous visits in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment