Tuesday, July 16, 2013

White Wolf Cafe- 3.5-4 Stars

White Wolf Cafe is amazing! Everything I have tried, I have enjoyed! It is one of my favorite breakfast places...but it also has a great lunch and dinner menu. It is located on North Orange Avenue near Lake Ivanhoe. Every time I have gone, I never have had leftovers because the food is so good. :) You should definitely visit if you've never been!

I first started going probably about 3 years ago. I went with friends after a 5K in Winter Park. It was delicious! The choices on the menu all looked so good I had a hard time choosing, ha. After running your appetite is big so I was excited to eat there. They are known for their cinnamon rolls and so of course I had to get one that day. It was awesome! I ate one there and then left with a box of half a dozen for my two roommates (and maybe another one for me later). The breakfast was really tasty! Overall it was a great first visit and they definitely sold me on the place!

Egg, cheese, turkey bacon sandwich
Since my first experience I have been back to White Wolf many, many times. I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some of the things I have enjoyed on their breakfast menu are cinnamon rolls, different egg breakfast meals, biscuits & gravy, french toast, breakfast sandwiches, and pancakes. Everything has been very good! I really love their cinnamon rolls (as I've mentioned before) and biscuits & gravy. They also have great mimosas to enjoy with breakfast (or brunch).

I have been for lunch and dinner a few times. One time I met my mom for lunch. I was happy to see that they had gluten free options because my mom has Celiac Disease, which means she cannot eat gluten. Gluten free choices are becoming a necessity with restaurants because people like my mom cannot go out to eat much if there are no gluten free meals. The few times I have been for lunch and dinner the food was really good. I really like their Fresh Fish Sandwich...it's delicious! But looking at their menu again, I definitely need to try a few more things that have caught my eye lately.

My cousin's meal (Caprese Sandwich)
White Wolf Cafe really is a great place. The atmosphere is neat and inviting! They have all kinds of cool decorations inside and a great outside eating area as well. The service has always been really good, I've never left unhappy. I even got to meet one of the owners the last time I went! I have been for breakfast after a race, breakfast with a friend, brunch on Sunday with friends, lunch with family, and even dinner on a date...it really is a neat place for any occasion or meal. Oh, and when you go, make sure (girls) to stop by the bathroom because they have really awesome hand salts to try when washing your hands. :)

So...if you've never been, give it a try! You will definitely be pleased, taste buds and all. If you happen to go for brunch on Sunday, there may be a wait. Just stop by their new place next door and have a mimosa or bloody mary while you wait. Enjoy!

Website for more information! http://www.whitewolfcafe.com/

My cousin and I with the owner, Michael (we visited while on a bike ride)
Mimosas!

No comments:

Post a Comment